OPEN Network Partner Event – Critical & Creative Thinking Conference
Posted on in Frontiers
The history of critical thinking is built on principles of thinking clearly, logically, and consistently.
The University of South Florida St. Petersburg is pleased to announce the Inaugural Critical & Creative Thinking Conference to be held on campus on Thursday and Friday, October 3 and 4, 2019. The theme is Critical and Creative Thinking at the Core, emphasizing the integration, assessment, and the importance of critical and creative thinking in core general education courses.
Conference tracks will provide focus on:
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning as it applies to C&CT
- Embedding Critical and/or Creative Thinking in Courses (Tools, Techniques, and Tips)
- Operationalizing Critical and/or Creative Thinking: It May Not Be What You Think It Is
- Assessing Critical and/or Creative Thinking
- Quick Picks for Implementation
- Creative and Critical Thinking Student Projects
- Poster Sessions (may include research, students’ projects, ideas, and examples)
Cost of attendance is $150 per person and includes conference materials, breakfast and lunch. Registration is free for students who are presenting (sessions or posters).